I’ve said before that hair is in the most fragile state when it’s WET. Here’s a few do’s and don’ts to remember when washing….
– DON’T USE HOT, STEAMING WATER – Use a medium/warm water temperature. If it burns when you step in the shower – it’s too hot. Hot water will strip the hair strands of their natural oils and can dry your ends out. It can also stimulate your oil glands more than necessary, causing over production of sebum (oil) on the actual scalp.
–DON’T SCRUB!- Scrubbing creates friction which will cause the strands that are not healthy or strong to fall out. This is especially bad for the new hairs coming in that are still trying to grow – they are extremely sensitive. Try using a “press and roll” technique. Don’t use your fingernails either – use your fingertips!
–DON’T WRAP YOUR TOWEL TOO TIGHT – Similar to pulling your ponytails too tight, wrapping your towel too tight can cause traction alopecia (hair loss from tension) and can cause strands to break off.
–PROTEIN TREATMENT – If you have chemically treated hair or damaged hair that you’re trying to repair – I recommend doing a deep protein treatment once a week. You should leave in for about 10 minutes. You can find these at any beauty supply store, or try out our Fortified Protein Conditioner from Welker rePHreshed – store.welkerrephreshed.com.
– USE A LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER – After you shower (before coming through hair) it’s very important to use a leave-in conditioner. Spray all over your hair and leave in, don’t rinse. I personally love our Energize Leave-In Conditioner, from Welker rePHreshed. It’s a great detangler, UV and heat protectant, and it deep conditions without weighing your hair down like other leave-ins. Check it out at store.welkerrephreshed.com.
– USE A WIDE-TOOTHED COMB – After you spray your leave-in conditioner, use a wide-toothed comb to brush through your hair. Tough bristles on most brushes can cause new hairs growing in or strands that are still in the growth process to fall out.
– SHAMPOO REGULARLY – Most people think that washing your hair on a daily basis isn’t good, but it’s actually quite the opposite. If you’re using the right products, you should shampoo daily or every other day. Skipping shampoos allows bacteria, dirt and debris to linger and build-up on your scalp. This will clog the follicle and make it harder for new hairs to come through.
Lance Zierlein hosts one of the most popular morning sports talk shows in Houston – The Proper Gentlemen of Sports – on KMBE 790 AM. He comes from a football family, and as a fantasy football writer and NFL Draft expert, Zierlein has one of the most unique perspectives of anyone in the football business. Most people in Houston have known Zierlein since 1997 when he began co-hosting what became the most popular and longest lasting sports talk show in the market.
Listen to Lance talk about Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) as a solution for men AND women experiencing hair loss at any stage…
Low Level Laser Therapy will:
1. Arrest the progression of hair loss – stop the situation from getting worse.
2. Thicken each existing, individual strand of hair by 35-45% – creating coverage for thin or balding areas.
3. Stimulate the follicles and jump-start the growth cycle – promoting re-growth in the areas that have lost hair.
*New growth is typically seen for those in the earlier stages of hair loss
This technology is FDA Cleared — it works! Laser therapy creates the healthiest environment for hair to grow, and it’s the only non-surgical treatment that will give you thicker, fuller and healthier-looking hair.
Call Tom Magliaro’s to set up a free consultation with a scalp and hair diagnosis to see if Laser Therapy is right for you. Call 713-838-1880 or visit www.tmhair.com.
The 3rd Step In Our Laser Therapy 3-Step Program: Pharmaceutical Grade Products
Our Mediceutical product line are proven pharmaceutical formulations that are clinically tested and FDA approved for treating and controlling a broad spectrum of common scalp and skin disorders. In order to have healthy hair, you have to have a healthy scalp! Here’s how it works…
Mediceutical Products deliver unique dermatological products that nurture optimal hair and scalp health. Our skin is the largest organ of the human body, and the scalp is a unique part of the human integumentary system. In this specialized patch of skin, vast networks of blood vessels provide oxygen and nutrients to thousands of follicles responsible for growing hair. Our Mediceutical products were formulated for this delicate growing environment that’s often taken for granted.
The distinction between the various skin conditions is not always clear. For this reason, you must meet with a professional to get a clear diagnosis and advice suited to meet your personal requirements. Healthy hair requires a healthy scalp. Due to effects such as medication, chemotherapy, diets, hormonal fluctuations and stress, the hair growth cycle and the natural balance of the scalp can become disturbed. Mediceuticals offers an effective range of products that helps to bring and keep the hair and scalp in optimal condition.
Our product treatments range from…
Mediceuticals Scalp Therapies are proven pharmaceutical formulations that are clinically tested and FDA approved for treating and controlling a broad spectrum of common scalp and skin disorders.
Medicated, OTC Drug Formulas
Clinically Proven Results, Salon-Tested for Safety
Healthy Hair Solutions
A new generation of dermatological hair treatment solutions specifically formulated for repairing and protecting extreme cases of dry, damaged, fragile, fine and thinning hair. Promotes beautiful, healthy, virgin hair quality. These remarkable solutions feature a patented enzymatic protein for optimum repair, protection & health.
Advanced Hair Restoration
Mediceuticals Advanced Hair Restoration Technology solutions incorporate Triaminocoptinol, a potent anti-hair loss complex that targets the three primary causes for hair loss:
5a-Reductase, which converts to DHT
Inadequate blood circulation
Weak anchorage of the hair in the dermal papilla
For more information, visit www.tmhair.com, or call to set up a free consultation including a scalp and hair analysis 713-838-1880.
National Hair Loss Awareness Month was established by the American Academy of Dermatology to raise awareness about the treatable condition that affects millions of men and women in America.
In honor of this nationally recognized month, I thought I would share the latest technology available that is FDA cleared to treat and control hair loss:
Our Low Level Laser Therapy – 3 Step Program. Here’s how it works:
Step One: Scalp Stimulation – The first step in our process consists of a scalp treatment and massage, which relaxes the scalp and allows blood to flow and circulate more effectively. This step lays the groundwork for future treatments, as it makes your scalp a more receptive environment for Laser Therapy and the application of our pharmaceutical-quality shampoos and rinses.
Step Two: Alpha Laser Treatment – The next step utilizes one of the most technologically advanced cold lasers available: the Alpha Laser. This treatment is medically tested and approved for treating thinning and damaged hair.
Step Three: Pharmaceutical-Quality Products -The final step in our process to stimulate hair growth is the application of pharmaceutical-quality products. These products were formulated to optimize the healing process by delivering the nutrients and vitamins necessary to maintain and optimize the work done by the Alpha Laser.
For more information or to schedule a hair and scalp diagnosis, visit www.tmhair.com.